What is Filtrum ?
Filtrum is a non-systemic, universal approach towards the management of diarrhea. It is considered as dietary fibre. It contains Lignin, a polymer of plant origin.
- Natural Product of wood origin
- Broad spectrum sorption activity.
- High Sorption capacity.
- High affinity to pathogenic micro-organisms.
Powerful – high sorption capacity of pathogenic bacteria comparing with activated charcoal.
Lignin Hydrolyzed is 1000 times more effective than activated charcoal in neutralizing pathogenic bacteria ingastro-intestinal tract.
SORPTION CAPACITY OF LIGNIN VS. ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
No Systemic Activity :
- Lignin is not metabolized nor absorbed by the intestine.
- Localized action in the intestine.
- No effect on the gut biota.
Filtrum is a unique approach to the management of following:
- Intestinal infection (Acute Enteric Infection), Including food poisoning, and Traveler’s Diarrhea.
- Food intolerance and food allergy.
- Side effects of medicines administration.
Administration and Dosage :
- For Children : Administer after Powdering
- For Adult: Use the whole Tablet.
- Administer after powdering, wash down with water, 1 Hour before meals and administration of other drugs. Dosage depends on age, weight and severity of the disease and shall be the following:
- Children under 1 – 1/4 – 1/2 tablets; children 1-3 – 1/2 – 1 tablet, children 4-7 – 1 tablet, children 7-12 — 1-2 tablets, adults – 2 tablets after every episode of diarrhea and the minimum gap should be of two hours between each dose.
- The daily dose may be increased, 3-4 times per day, as necessary and as prescribed by a physician.
- The therapy duration shall take 3-5 days in severe conditions, 14-21 days for allergic diseases and chronic intoxication.
- Repeated courses shall be prescribed by healthcare professional.
Pharmacokinetic & Pharmacodynamics
- Absorption : It is not absorbed in the body
- Distribution : Distribution only occurs in the intestine
- Metabolism : It is not metabolized in any parts of the body
- Excretion : It is excreted in unchanged form from Intestine within 24 Hours
- It has adsorption capacity over wide range of compounds and complexes with various molecular weights (endo and exo-toxins, viruses, bacteria and it metabolites)